Thread: Casale Media [Firefox tracking cookies]

Default Casale Media [Firefox tracking cookies]

Spybot has recently detected 3 on my system:

• Firefox (emma): .casalemedia.com/ (CMID)
    • Firefox (emma): .casalemedia.com/ (CMX1)
    • Firefox (emma): .casalemedia.com/ (CMS)

But even after I remove them, they keep coming back. Other Firefox tracking cookies that have been discovered have been removed, but these haven't been. Just thought I'd post about them so you could possibly add them to your detection lists in the future...

Hmm. Since you Spybto detected them and you can't delete them through firefox, try deleting them through explorer.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER\Cookies and delete everything EXCEPT for index.dat

Do this ecause spybot detects cookies from firefox and IE. And I'm pretty sure firefox doesn't delete IE's cookies. Hope that helps.

~Ron

em1500uk

Please see one of the topics regarding FireFox cookies:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...acking+cookies

A few suggestions for next build (possibly 1.5)
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks for that I'd already got the 3rd party cookies blocked in Firefox but the CasaleMedia ones still appeared on Spybot, so I done what Zenobia said and tried blocking them by exceptions. I dunno if it's worked or not.

Blocking them by exception in Firefox seems to have done the trick. Spybot's not finding them anymore :D

Default Windows 2000/XP Tracking Blocker Web Service

check out wwwsqusi.com.http://www.squsi.com The links on the home page will give you the views of a wide range of experts. Tracking and profiling can be done not just through 3rd party cookies, but also through files, scripts, flash objects, web beacons and now even first party cookies. In fact, Tacoda now boasts of the indelible cookie as does United Virtualities. Read and decide for yourself.

We got so fascinated (and PO'd) at the games being played (see 'Microsoft undoes evil') on us that we built a free web service to make a dent in these practices. It works on any browser running on Windows 2000/XP --that means IE. Firefox, Navigator and even Opera. You install it, and it works quietly to block all types of tracking devices and even cleans up annoying ads. Check out cnn.com after installation. Every week or so, there is an auto-update (with your permission) that adds definitions.

sQusi is available at download.com as well as at a number of sites including freeware files

Just so, this is the only 'product' we offer and we intend to keep it free as a public service. Free means no trial period, no 'premium' version, no charge for data updates--total freeware.