Thread: spybot crashed my laptop!

Default spybot crashed my laptop!

hellooo i am new to these forums.... i downloaded spybot 2 nights ago i believe, and then last night started having "freeze" issues and then everything froze up, and CTRL ALT DELETE didn't even work. i had to manually power down the laptop.
    the only thing i've done different is download, install and run spybot.
    today i got a sad report from my hubby (while i am here at work) that my laptop is "really messed up". i believe it's only able to power up in safe mode - but is that even a big deal?? (i don't know much about computers).

can anyone advise as to what to do next? thank you!!

i'm in tears about this... can no one help???

Hello,

are you sure that you can boot in safe mode? Which Windows version do you use?

If you can boot in safe mode then you can recover your system with the system restore feature from Windows:

Instruction link for Windows XP(Use System Restore):
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...w_03may19.mspx

Instruction for Windows Vista:

Open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Note Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your computer.
    An excerpt from "System Restore: frequently asked questions"
    Source: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...fb3f01033.mspx