Thread: Comodo detected Registry Changes during Update??

Red face Comodo detected Registry Changes during Update??

Sorry, I'm not very tech savy, but when I was updating the Spybot on my mother's computer, it started having registry changes about 1/4 of the way in. It seemed normal enough (I don't use Comodo personally as it's far too picky), so I allowed...and allowed...and allowed...it just kept going for ages asking to alter things, and whilst I'm not sure of the directory (memory lol) they did end with website names. I started blocking half way through as I got uncertain of what I was doing, and cancelled the update entirely shortly thereafter.

Is that sort of registry change common when updating Spybot? If so, is there a way I can have Comodo allow that program to make registry changes and un-do the blocks I've done? I'm not quite sure what I've done, and I'd rather not have to re-format my mum's computer due to me allowing virus' or stuffing her scanner. Cheers.

Hello and to SaferNetworking Forums Kiba77.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiba77
    Is that sort of registry change common when updating Spybot? If so, is there a way I can have Comodo allow that program to make registry changes and un-do the blocks I've done? I'm not quite sure what I've done, and I'd rather not have to re-format my mum's computer due to me allowing virus' or stuffing her scanner. Cheers.
    Well, Spybot will associate with your registry when it installs itself on your machine. I also use Comodo Pro Firewall, and I've set Spybot-Search&Destroy as a "Trusted Application". But during installation itself, you'll want to mark it as a "Installer or Updater" so Comodo will switch into Installation Mode (you won't be bombard with registry changes and file access prompts).

I'm afraid you can't "undo" the changes since they occurred only once. You'll have to perform the upgrade/update again.

Good luck.