Thread: Teatimer/Resident in latest spybot search and destroy version

Default Teatimer/Resident in latest spybot search and destroy version

Hi, I updated my Spybot Serach and Destroy to the latest version. When I log into my account an icon called "Resident" shows up on the system tray bar. This was not apparent in the previous versions I had. Is this a new addition to the latest spybot version? I'd like to disable it if it is, I also us AVG free and Adaware 2008.

Is the purpose of the Resident to block bad downloads while using Firefox? Is it recommended I leave the Resident on? Was this on automatically in the previous versions? If so, how can I configure the resident so that it doesn't show up on my task bar?

Hi Jordan_L,

TeaTimer is a part of Spybot - Search & Destroy.

What is the Resident TeaTimer?
    How do I disable the TeaTimer notifications?

You can always dis-able TeaTimer if you like. Open Spybot and follow this path:
    Mode > Advanced Mode > tools > Resident

There you can dis-able and en-able it.

More information here.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

So the Resident TeaTimer was on by default in all previous spy bot versions? I don't use Internet Explorer, so I should probably just turn of the "SDHelper" I'm guessing.

I want to keep the Resident "Teatimer" active without showing up on my Windows task bar every time I boot up windows, is there a way to do this? Is TeaTimer a resource hog? Thanks again for any answers.

I want to keep the Resident "Teatimer" active without showing up on my Windows task bar every time I boot up windows, is there a way to do this? Is TeaTimer a resource hog?
    You can always set the Windows taskbar to hide TeaTimer's icon.
    -
    Depends on how well equipped your machine is. I wouldn't call TeaTimer a resource hog, it runs smoothly on my PC.