Thread: FP in X-Fonter?

Default FP in X-Fonter?

Greetings

With the latest v1.4 and latest (w/βeta) definitions as of 2005-11-18 Spybot finds WinFixer2005 as is-6J12V.tmp upon running the setup programme from a well known font programme called X-Fonter. We have notified the developer and are awaiting a response. Can anyone else verify if this is a True or False Positive?

Thank you.
    HMSS Q Section
    Visualise World Righteousness
    Semper Ad Fundum
    SIS is recruiting! (Click for more information)

hm, it is a little hard to tell right away if this is a fp or not since the naming of the tempfiles is in many cases variable.
    Which Folders did you add to the "Download Directory" in Spybot S&D settings?

Please append a scan log of that scan, so we can have some more information.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Looks like it might be a false positive. I've seen no evidence of WinFixer on my system. Spybot just detected WinFixer2005 and terminated the install for my own program. I use Inno Setup and was doing a test install.

It listed a file called is-8sot3.tmp in a folder named is-s2391.tmp in my local settings temp folder as the source of the offending process. What I found was a file called _shfoldr.dll in the folder is-81BS2.tmp. Tried again. Same thing with different file names. Created date-time matches.

I don't understand why the detected file names are different, unless there's something I'm not allowed to see. Is that possible?

Did a scan and found nothing.

Fran

Hi fran_,

just PMed you.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama
    ...Which Folders did you add to the "Download Directory" in Spybot S&D settings? Please append a scan log of that scan, so we can have some more information.
    There are no folders specified in the Download Directory. Upon further cleaning and scans we were unable to duplicate the error or the T/FP. Perhaps it was just a one-time fluke.

Thank you.
    HMSS Q Section
    Visualise World Righteousness
    Semper Ad Fundum
    SIS is recruiting! (Click for more information)