Thread: No Icons & Taskbar after restarting after a scan

Exclamation No Icons & Taskbar after restarting after a scan

I've recently installed Spybot and upon finishing a scan and following all the instructions, I was told to restart my computer; which I did. The welcome screen was there along with the user accounts. I clicked my account and found a blank screen. There are no icons or a taskbar but I'm still able to use the internet through Task Manager --> New Task --> iexplore.exe.

After that, I found out that it is a problem with explorer.exe. I typed that on the New Task box and for a moment the icons and the taskbar appeared... but then it disappeared again. It flickers back and forth from a blank screen to that, with a Command Prompt-type window appearing, like C:\...

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? HELP!

^^I don't know which place to post this so I figured this could be a place to...

I've recently installed Spybot and upon finishing a scan and following all the instructions, I was told to restart my computer; which I did. The welcome screen was there along with the user accounts. I clicked my account and found a blank screen. There are no icons or a taskbar but I'm still able to use the internet through Task Manager --> New Task --> iexplore.exe.

After that, I found out that it is a problem with explorer.exe. I typed that on the New Task box and for a moment the icons and the taskbar appeared... but then it disappeared again. It flickers back and forth from a blank screen to that, with a Command Prompt-type window appearing, like C:\...

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? HELP!

I tried Error-Checking, like an article told me to but that didn't work. I can't seem to bring the icons and taskbar on screen by typing 'explorer.exe' as it keeps flickering and I have to restart.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-04-07 at 20:55. Reason: Merged four topics, moved to Spybot-S&D support