Thread: Teatimer allowing everything

Red face Teatimer allowing everything

This is probably a dumb question: I have had Teatimer running for several years, but I just installed some new software, and realized that Teatimer didn't notify me about registry changes. Looking at the log, it seems to have permitted all changes - it says "Allowed (based on user decision) value..." for everything, but I can't find the option where I would have specified this - besides, I don't think I would have done this (if it is possible)! Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

This thread should explain everything:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=47210

Thanks for your prompt reply! However, a) I think we should have been notified somehow - maybe on the front panel of SpybotSD, for at least a few releases, and b) I can't find where to set the "paranoid" setting, and I've been through the Settings list twice! Am I suffering from selective blindness?! TIA

Hello jpaulm,

You can find Paranoid Mode when you right-click the Teatimer icon on your desktop. Just make sure you're running the latest version :o).

Well, the forums and the news should the update the users on the features and fixes in each build, if users take the time to read it that is.

Red face

I tried reinstalling SpybotSD, specifying the "put icons on desktop" option, and there is still no sign of an icon for TeaTimer on my desktop, although there is one now for SpybotSD.exe itself... Should I clean everything off and run setupxv (it didn't have any identification, so I wasn't sure whether to trust it!), or is there a better way? Sorry to keep bugging you!

Sorry, it was my typo. I did not mean "Desktop" but "Taskbar". Sorry about that. TeaTimer should appear on your taskbar (where the clock is).

Thumbs up

Found it! Thanks a million!