Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Website False Positive

Default Website False Positive

Windows XP PRO SP3
    IE7
    Spybot version 1.6.2.46
    last definition update 4/8/09

adultfriendfinder.com

Yeah it's an adult site. A site that has been in use by millions of people for nearly 10 years. Was logged in today. Ran Spybot then tried to access site and browser wouldn't even attempt to navigate to the site. Found that it was listed as a restricted site in IE 7 and removed it. Now when I type in the url it brings up a yahoo page saying the site doesn't exist. If I search for the site in google and click on the link there then it just says it can't navigate to the page. Turn off the spybot background resident and still no luck. Rebooting does nothing. Running Spybot immunization again says I have one uprotected threat which I assume is adultfriendfinder.com not being listed in my retricted list anymore under IE.

Yeah the site perhaps has questionable practices but I have never noticed any spyware out of them and I've been on the site for nearly 5years.
    If you want to block it that's fine but allow people to designate if they want to access a site they are fine with and ignore any more attempts by Spybot to restrict access.

Windows XP Pro SP2
    IE8 and Firefox 3.08
    Spybot version 1.6.2.46
    last definition update 4/8/09

I ran into the same problem with AFF being blocked. When I ran Spybot, it showed as a bad url. I couldn't access the site from either IE 8 or Firefox 3

This is url it showed (I've removed the obvious so nobody tries to click on it)

adultfriendfinder dot com/Win32.Agent.Ita

If the site's been hacked, I'd just as soon wait until they fix it. I've had the access problem for about 48 hours or so.
    Last edited by diddly; 2009-04-11 at 23:27.

Don't think the site has been hijacked. I was on the site earlier and then decided to run spybot cause I hadn't in about 2 weeks. Suddenly no access. Since they use multiple names to access the same place, I've been able to login but not using adultfriendfinder url.

What annoys me is removing the url from the restricted sites list does nothing. Removing the registry entries showing the site as blocked does nothing.

Oh and I didn't notice listed in the scan showing AFF was a bad site. I just ran the immunization and they added the site to the restricted list.
    Last edited by JustHereOnce; 2009-04-11 at 23:30.

If you don't use the AFF url, how do you login? LOL

Talking

I think I found the solution. You have to edit your hosts file. I disabled the AFF entries that Spybot added and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Well that's a work around but not a solution. I'm guessing anytime I let Spybot immunize/scan, it's going to reban the site. It does work though. Thanks for figuring it out.

Hmm...not really a fix I'm finding out. While I can access the site at the main url, I can't do anything inside the side that pops into another window. Clicking on the links do absolutely nothing. Still works fine under the not blacklisted url but not under the AFF one.

Any update to this from the staff?

Any way to at least allow people who want to access the site the ability to do so without completely removing Spybot?

Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by JustHereOnce View Post
    Any update to this from the staff?

Any way to at least allow people who want to access the site the ability to do so without completely removing Spybot?
    It is the weekend and also Easter, a detective will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello,

It is the weekend and also Easter, a detective will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards.
    Oops...sorry. Completely forgot about that. Thanks for the reply.