Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Website False Positive

I've found that (what I hope is) a temporary workaround is to simply "undo" Spybot's immunization. This will allow access to these "erroneously" blocked sites. Hopefully, in the very near term, an update addressing this admitted faux pas will be released and one can then reimmunize the system.

My two cents worth on what seems to have triggered this:

While popups and advertisements are a) annoying, b) resource consuming (especially if you're relegated to dialup access, as I am) and c) in some cases in some people's minds cross the line from commerce to malice, they also do not in my mind in and of themselves fit the mainstream definition of malware. Advertising can be found in virtually every human culture with any degree of sophistication and has ultimately footed the bills (i.e. - made it possible) for a great many otherwise tenuous human endeavors. While I doubt AFF will be recorded in posterity as a great human undertaking, nonetheless it obviously is providing a desired service to a great many people (of whom I am one). If their ads are obtrusive, as consumers we have choices: live with it, block the particular content (my own personal favorite) or just cease to use the site altogether.

Put another way, I agree with this...:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustHereOnce
    I'd be completely happy if the site was blocked on Spybot as long as there was an option of unblocking sites that people still wanted to associate with. That way it would protect people who had no interest in the site and still allow others to visit if they wished.

I found a work around to go back on cams.com and adultfriendfinder.com

go to this site http://substitutesite.com/ Edit: Not recommended.

and what it is it's a search engine that lets you come in blocked sites and then there after it works normally again like it used too.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-04-17 at 10:33. Reason: Link disabled

Hello shadowsfall 26,

The link you provided took me to a page of advertisements, Firefox blocked a popup.

When I allowed that popup Web Of Trust (WOT) blocked munky.com.
    This site has a poor reputation.
    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/munky.com

A second look at the link in a new window. After Be aware that when allowing popups and refreshing the page substitutesite.com redirected to munky.com.

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Question Just curious

I understand that there was a human error made. I have three questions.
    1.) Will the error be fixed?
    2.) If the error is going to be fixed Is there an estimated completion time?
    3.) Is there something that we can do using the Advanced mode of Spybot to make it possible to go to AFF again until the problem is/isn't fixed?

Thanks

Guys, its not solution. We just need this problem fixed. And Spyboat team doesnt hurry with it. Pity.. =((

the issue was fixed with the updated on 2009-04-15
    users need to reimmunize
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Unhappy Host file mixup

I am personnally adding site to my host file since numerous years. I always add them before the "# Start of entries inserted by Spybot - Search & Destroy" marker.

Since april 2009, Spybot is removing one of my own entry "www.adultfriendfinder.com" .

I hate that Spybot alter my own entries. I do not want to download the pesty adultfriendfinder adds and Spybot should not remove MY setting.

I did never alter any entry between the "Spybot" markers. It should never alter entries outside of his own markers.

Spybot 1.6.2.46
    detection update: 2009-05-20

Default Im still having the same problem

I am still having the problem, am using win 7, latest firefox, and most recent updates with spybot, the site is still being blocked. Is there ANYTHING i can do??

@GastX
    sorry about that, the domain adultfriendfinder.com was put to undo because we added it to be blocked in 2009. I will set the domain to be inactive for Spybot S&D so it will not be removed from the hosts file in the future anymore.
    This will be public with the next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2010-07-14

@medic2214
    Spybot S&D does not block the site adultfriendfinder since 2009-04-15.
    The latest update also removes blocking of the adultfriendfinder cookie.

If you have any trouble in accessing adultfriendfinder it has nothing to do with Spybot S&D blocking adultfriendfinder.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.