Thread: Big problem after cleaning : command.com incorrect parameters

Default Big problem after cleaning : command.com incorrect parameters

Hi, I'm French and I hope I can explain my problem.
    I d/l Spybot, saved registry, updated, vaccined it. After, Spybot scanned the Pc, found more than 400 malware, deleted a lot of these and said me to reboot to delete de lasts.
    I rebooted but I had only desktop with a window : c:\windows\system32\command.com incorrect parameters.
    I tried a lot of manipulation :
    - copy the command.com file from an other to this one (HD plugged slave on an other PC)
    - reboot 3 or 4x
    Nothing change.
    Then I tried to repair Xp with the install cd.
    All was ok until 34minutes before the end, during drivers installation : the same window came ...
    I found in this forum a solution : in the registry, modify hk machine Software\Microsoft\windows\runonce.
    In its key, I didn't find an entry with command.com but a lot of spybotdeletingxxxx.
    I deleted all this entry, rebooted, but always the same window during the poursuit of repair...
    I looked in win.ini and system.ini but didn't find any command in run or load.
    In the registry, I found always entry spybotdeleting in HKLM\software ... Nevertheless, I deleted these but they come back. I didn't look if they're the same or other.
    I prefer not format and new installation, but I'm blocked in the repair of XP, during driver installation.
    What can i try to stop this window ?

I hope you can help me and I thank you.

Default Try this

I was big fan of spybot until now, when I try clean up somebody computer with Spybot beta 2.0 on Windows XP machine, after reboot I couldn't get back to the system because "command.com" window. I do not know how it is possible after 3 years knowledge of this problem, Spybot Team did not fixed it.
    This is what I did about : keep ESC button pressed unil the command window is gone and you can acces the system and run Spybot, disable all services in settings, restart - it should be without problems then uninstall Spybot :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    I believe this is in regards to a different version of Spybot. Is there anything for spybot 2 beta? I notice the menu is different.

Default Problems with beta in XP

just spent the last hour cleaning up the mess caused on my otherwise stable XP machine by the beta version of spybot 2.

command.com errors. caused by a ton of startup deletes apparently not able to run.

seem to have it back up and running, but i was surprised by all the things it found that malware bytes and adaware didn't, so would like to try this again.

my question is if i run the "stable" version and not the beta, will i have the same issues?

BTW, the reason i keep looking for malware or other nasties, is google keeps asking me to fill out captchas.......makes me think something is going on with one of my networked machines.
    Last edited by bgadds; 2011-06-11 at 17:48.

You won't have the same issues if you run the stable version, or the 1.6.2 version. But keep in mind, the detection rate won't necessarily be as good as the 2.0 Beta.