Thread: Manual scan option?

Default Manual scan option?

I was having a problem with freezes during scans, so I uninstalled and redownloaded Spybot S & D. Before I did that I used to be able to right-click a single file I wanted scanned and there used to be the option, scan with Spybot S & D, in the menu (the menu with 'send to' and 'open with') that I could use to scan the stuff I just downloaded. I have McAfee, but a trojan slipped by it and rooted itself in 7 different spots in my registry (all removed now). I don't want to have to scan my whole PC every time I download something. Anyone know how to get that option back?

Please help!

Lightbulb Hi Gamergirl

And welcome to the forums.

I would like you to read this thread.

Smile Thank you

Thank you for your help. I copied and pasted the command from the thread, but it said that it wasn't spelled correctly (which it was). Anyhoo, I browsed for it and all is well.

Default Another Question

I have no idea how to edit my post, so I had to post again. Is there any way to add that option to the menu again. It's a pain in the bum to drag and drop the file as opposed to right-clicking and selecting scan with Spybot.

Thanks.

Default I figured it out.

I figured it out after a lot of fiddling. I copied and pasted the path in the command line about a dozen times. It wasn't until I opened that file from its location in the program files before it took.

Default so everything is well now?

Hope so