Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Crashing or Shut Down

the slow start up issue of 1.5.1.15 has been fixed - download the latest beta 1.5.1.18

Unhappy Where to go to downlaod

How do I download the lastest beta? I am unable to find it.

Hello,

Here is the download file for the fix: the new Spybot beta

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Question ??? about 1.5

Do 1.5 updates work with 1.4? I downloaded 1.4 a while ago, and I just manually updated a few days ago. It seems to work just fine, but I just want to be sure.
    Last edited by theAlmightyShortest; 2008-01-14 at 17:31.

I removed ver 1.4 and then installed 1.5. Big mistake. 1.5 won't run. It installs and looks ok. But it won't open. I click the icon, and I get the hourglass for a few seconds but then, nothing. I installed it twice. Downloaded it again and installed it again and I get the same thing.

Is there somewhere I can download 1.4 and go back to that? It worked great. You would think I'd learn. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Hello,

Did you read anything in this thread?
    It does not seem so.
    As i already said: we already have located the startup problems in Spybot S&D version 1.5 and fixed it.
    Here is the download file for the fix: the new Spybot beta

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Unhappy Problem with installing Spybot.

My machine got so infected so I tried installing some antispywares. Funny enough, Spybot seems to be blocked in the registry! This was a hellacious Vundo infection. Almost nothing was working, and Vundo even infected other EXEs, like SuperAntiSpyware and the Mousepad GUI software.

I think I found the registry entries, but even if I tried to open them the registry editor said there was an error. I was able to get Spybot installed but any time I try to update the definitions it fails and said the installer is corrupted.

Hello,

So why did you post here and did not open a new thread?

After Download do NOT select Open Folder. Select CLOSE. Then go offline. Go to the program downloaded and click twice. The Installation wizard will proceed with the Installation.

If this does not work please try at first another mirror.
    You will find links to several download locations on our website.
    These mirrors are partners who provide places to host Spybot-S&D for us.
    You can download from one of them, it's secure and they all contain the same data.

As a second solution please try if the direct installation file works.

If this does not solve the problem you might be infected by some spy- or malware and the installation of Spybot - Search & Destroy might be blocked. In this case please download our Runalyzer.
    RunAlyzer is our brand-new autostart & configuration manager that allows you to view and edit all the spots where Windows looks for programs or services to start. It's a combination of a standard configuration manager and an advanced tool to locate and remove places where hijackers, spyware and other malware hide. You will find a short introduction and more informations here.
    Now you should be able to have a look if something bad has snooped into your system.

Also it would be nice to know the exactly file size (5037072 or 5037071 bytes or 4,8 mb) and the md5 (C1A843913269018A8FC962407D7E5169) of the Spybot - Search & Destroy installation file that you have downloaded.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot