Thread: temp folder scan?

Thumbs down temp folder scan?

Spybot when I first scanned wanted to know if I wanted it to scan my temp files. I said yes and it did and got rid of a lot of junk. Question is, does it always ask you to scan temp folder? I have it checked to scan temp folder in the settings section. Ran a scan just now and it did not remove any files in the temp folder at all and they are starting to accumulate. Anyway, trust spybot to get rid of the unwanted or useless ones cause I don't know which one to delete and which one to save. Am running Vista Home Premium in case you need to know.

Hi jdemnyan,

to Safer Networking Forums.

I'm not sure, but perhaps we have a misunderstanding here. Do you mean the message, that Spybot has discovered some temp files which should be cleaned before scanning for Malware?

Cleaning those temp files makes Spybot's scan faster.

You can use ATF Cleaner to clean your temp files if you like. ATF Cleaner cleans temporary files from IE and Windows, empties the recycle bin and more. It is a great tool to help speed up your computer and knock out those nasties that like to reside in the temp folders.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Yes, does it still scan the temp files when needed? thats the exact message that I got.

As far as I know the requirements for Spybot-Search&Destroy prompting you to clear out the Temp. files are when they accumulate and reach 100+ files.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=33948
    -