Thread: frustrating uninstall problem...need help ASAP

Default frustrating uninstall problem...need help ASAP

I need to uninstall Spybot vs. 1.4 from my computer before my updated McAfee program will install. I have tried all the suggestions on this website, and I am getting the following message: File "C:\\Program Files\Spybot Search & Destroy\iunins000.dt" does not exist. Cannot uninstall.

Any suggestions? In the past I have used McAfee as my virus scanner, and Spybot to keep me protected from spyware. It seems the two now have compatibility problems. I now have NO protection on my computer, as the new McAfee update will not install because the Spybot will not uninstall.

Help! If I can sort through all this, I will then download Spybot again.

But McAfee is still on your machine at the moment correct?
    I would suggest you reinstall Spybot-Search&Destroy (1.4+) over your current version to replace the broken uninstaller. Uninstall Spybot and then reinstall it after McAfee has been updated.
    http://filehippo.com/download_spybot_search_destroy/
    -

This didn't work. The new version of Spybot created its own entry in the Add/Delete folder, even though it asked me if I wanted to install it over the old one. Deleting the new version did NOT delete the entry for the old version.

I gave up and told the computer to restore back to two days ago. Unfortunately, now neither McAfee nor Spybot returned to their original state.