Thread: application has been changed ...

Default application has been changed ...

I've just received this message:
    This application has been changed since it was created.
    Since Spybot-S&D does not change itself, we recommend you check your system for malware and viruses instantly!
    I am checking my PC for malware and viruses every day and could not found nothing.

What do you recommend ??
    I did go over some other messages with the same problem... is there some BUG some ware ?? is there a FORMAL fix ??

I'm using SPYBOT 1.4 (version 1.4.0.3) With last Detection update 2006-05-26.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Please read the following thread:

The third post in that thread by spybotsandra has a beta program referenced that may help.

You will also notice that spirit_in_exile had a similar problem that was not fix with the beta program. Their problem turn out to be a memory problem on the PC itself.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank for the quick replay...

Still... "is there a FORMAL fix ??" SPYBOT new version (not a beta) ?? If not then when ??

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

boazboaz:

You are welcome. However, you didn't indicate if you installed the program or if it fixed the problem. One of the purposes of beta testing is to test fixes before they are introduced formally in a new release. Without feed back the beta process fails and it becomes more likely that problems will be encountered in new releases.

Please provide some feed back. Did you install the program? Did it fix the "…application has been changed …" problem? Have you encountered any other problems with that version of the program?

Thank you.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I did not install the beta version !!! Just wants to know when will the formal version expected to be released.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hello,

We are sorry, but we do not have any release date for our next version yet - as we are still working on it.
    Please be patient. :-)
    To stay up to date you can have a look at our news section on our homepage from time to time:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/index.html
    Further you will be informed whenever there is a new version out.
    We have integrated this function with our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4.
    So, whenever there is a new version you will get a notification when searching for new updates.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you VERY much !!!