Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please select some files from the update list.

Unhappy Please select some files from the update list.

I have spybot 1.6.2.46, and recently I haven't been able to update. Several days ago I first noticed this message come up, as I had selected Spybot to update every time it started. I don't know if there is some bug I am not aware of, but I see this every time I attempt to update, both scheduled and my own unscheduled attempts. I never get to see the update list, I just get an OK box.

When I first started seeing this, I uninstalled spybot and reinstalled it, and the updates functioned for the first time, but not after that. I am running vista, if that helps to explain something.

I must admit, not being able to update makes me nervous.

I have exactly the same problem. Also running Vista. After I click past the "Please select som files from the update list" window, some other window flashes by before returning to the main S&D console.

I just did this, and now it works fine:

Download and install latest updates from:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

After install, I got a Windows Vista pop-up window which said that the program may not have installed properly and gave me the option to reinstall using proper settings, which I did.

One caveat to this fix: Since I am now up-to-date from doing the download, I don't know if the problem will return next time there is a new update.
    Last edited by vintagepostcards; 2009-04-27 at 13:58.

Hello.
    There's a beta update you can try,to see if it fixes this problem.I haven't been around as much,but a search seems to indicate that the beta solution is still used,as far as I can tell.
    http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=51
    Instructions are included on the download page above.

That beta is version 1.6.1.19. My S&D is more recent - version 1.6.2.46.

Default Not successful

Hi, I tried the beta update, even though as vintagepostcards pointed out, I do have a later version. There was a cascade of problems mentioned when I ran it, but it did successfully allow me to update once. I tried spybot after that and still got the same error message. But I could run this beta fix temporarily to actual update the files.

I tried running this twice, the first time I was kinda stupid and didn't write down everything, I hoped it was a matter of installing previous version beta into a later program, but as it didn't solve the problem totally, I want to report them.

1. External "Updater" application has been corrupted, download "Updater" updater
    2. External "Blindman" application has been corrupted, download "Blindman" updater
    3. External "Tools" application has been corrupted, download "Tools" updater
    4. External "AdvCheck" Library has been corrupted, download "AdvCheck" updater

Finally, I got an error flag as I was installing updates, but it wasn't until I saw it twice I thought to write it down and it didn't come back, I do feel foolish there. It said something like, "DelZip129.dll corrupted". However, I didn't write it down until after I clicked the OK box. so I am somewhat unsure of the digits on the library. I will see if some error like this is triggered later when there are new updates.

The error came back, so downloading the update directly from the web site did not fix the problem permanently. I gave up - no more S&D on my computer.

That is the file version of the SDUpdate.exe,not of the actual version of Spybot,as I recall.

AlexPredoehl,you might want to uninstall/reinstall Spybot,since there were problems.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Downloads here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

And I'll look again to see if the beta is still used.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    That is the file version of the SDUpdate.exe,not of the actual version of Spybot,as I recall.
    No, we were talking about the beta version #, not sdupdate.exe.

vintagepostcards,I sent you to download sdupdate.exe,which is the beta file.The file version you see there is for that file.