Thread: Internet Explorer using Proxy??

Default Internet Explorer using Proxy??

I got this message when I installed Spybot. I have AVG and the reason I installed Spybot is because I have a really good experience with the program and the support forums on another computer. On this one, I have never had it but lately, it keeps kicking me off of everything -- even while writing an mail in GMail, it keeps kicking me right out of GMail...logged out and everything. I actually have to log back in! So I installed Spybot, but got a message upon installation asking me if I wanted to use the "proxy" that it detected Windows Internet Explorer is using. I clicked the box, "Use this proxy" because I was afraid it wouldn't work otherwise, but I am wondering....could this be the problem? Is this the result of some hijacking?

Thanks for all help!

Default Really not sure if my post was posted...

Anyway, I'm having several problems.

1) my backbutton often doesn't work.
    2) I keep getting kicked out of various sites. I was even kicked out of GMail several times in the middle of writing an email. Just kicked out of it entirely...logged out and everything.

Because of this, I downloaded Spybot. On installation, I noticed a box that said that Spybot has detected my Windows Internet Explorer is using a proxy and asked me to click a box if I want to use that proxy. The box was blank, but I clicked "use this proxy" anyway. I was afraid it wouldn't work if I didn't. could this be the problem?

Also, how do I see my post?

Thanks for all help and sorry for awkward usage.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-04-28 at 21:53. Reason: Merged 2 topics ;-)

Hello dancingqueen,

Did Spybot-S&D run sucessfully and if so what was the result of the scan?

Also please let us know your operating system, version of Internet Explorer, and if you have a firewall.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016