Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EBlaster false positve?

Default EBlaster false positive or spyware?

Following an update to Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46 several (not all) right-click scans of downloaded files show EBlaster. One was a .png, the other a .doc. Right click scans with AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware showed nothing, as did a quick scan with SUPERAntiSpyware.

I have googled EBlaster and found it is computer and internet monitoring software. Is there a way of getting rid of it so I can safely open the file?

I have Windows XP SP3

Default EBlaster false positive?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulM8dSunshine View Post
    Following an update to Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46 several (not all) right-click scans of downloaded files show EBlaster. One was a .png, the other a .doc. Right click scans with AVG and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware showed nothing, as did a quick scan with SUPERAntiSpyware.

I have googled EBlaster and found it is computer and internet monitoring software. Is there a way of getting rid of it so I can safely open the file?

I have Windows XP SP3
    I so no way to edit this post. I just wanted to add that a regular scan with Spybot Search & Destroy does not find anything. Only the right click shows EBlaster in Heuristic.

Hi,

same problem here. I scanned the file gmer1015.zip and Spybot detected it as EBlaster while using its heuristic detection rules.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Question False Positive eblaster in heuristic

I have been experiencing the same problem since I updated Spybot yesterday. Previously, the same pdf files passed. They come from reliable sources; e.g., The New York Times Digest. Now, eblaster is shown in the heuristic test. Is this a false positive?

I did pretty much the same things as Highland Raider. I scanned the complete hard drive through SB-S&D with no problem. I ran Ad-Aware, which indicated no malicious stuff. I also ran a virus scan with no problem.

Only the right click shows EBlaster in Heuristic.

What to do? Please advise. Thank you.
    Last edited by elbee; 2009-05-03 at 18:18. Reason: To clarify

Default EBlaster found everywhere

When I do a folder scan. I have a lot of files that show in the Heuristic scan as EBlaster. Is there a way to get rid of these? Most of them are thumbs.db and pdf's. I have a lot of them.

Thanks for the help....

Hi elbee,

Quote Originally Posted by elbee View Post
    Is this a false positive?
    Looks like a false positive, yes. I'm sure that TeamSpybot will fix it.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Default eBlaster false positive

This is a false positive. I get it too. Moreover, there is no such thing as JPG virus (except if you want to count Perrun: http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/ne...va_perrun.html). I believe someone is already working on this.

Thank you for your information on this false positive.
    Corrections will be released with the next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2009-05-06.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default False Positive - EBlaster

I updated Spybot today and the problem has been eliminated. I checked the files that previously showed a problem in heuristic and they are gone. Many thanks for the support and help.

Have a good day.

Default EBlaster false positive?

I have downloaded a couple of music files recently. They came with word docs, which happens sometimes. These have tested as having E Blaster. I think if is possible to hide something in a Word file (macros sometimes excite av software when downloaded).
    Is it possible these were false positives?