Since I upgraded my old win98 computer to version 1.6.2, Spybot is overriding my settings on certain filetypes and launching the automatic scanner instead of the program I want it to. I do NOT want Spybot to launch automatically. It takes at least a minute or two to run the scan, and I am very impatient. Especially for files I created myself or have had for years.

I ONLY want Spybot to scan a single file when I right click on it and tell it to do so from the context menu. How do I configure Spybot to NEVER automatically scan a file, but only do so when I explicitly tell it to from the context menu? In short, it should NOT be launching when I double click on a file, only when I right-click and choose "Scan with spybot search & destroy".

I apologize if this has been posted before, but the search feature on the forum doesn't seem to be working. I keep getting the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /arrayx/www/forums/search.php on line 1155

Thus, I can't search for previous posts.