Ok, I do know how to define a file association. I looked at some of the latest links, and somebody suggested that it was the fact that "scan" as the first option in the context menu and in boldface. The solution described was to remove and reinstall. I would have assUmeED when I reverted to the older version of 1.6.0 that would have counted, but I'll try downloading a new installer and reinstalling again.

Here's a link to a collection of some screenshots on Flickr that should illustrate the situation as well as show my modest expertise at Windows 98 file associations. Read the descriptions as I was unable to get the mouse pointer to show up with the print screen button, unlike on my ancient PowerMac with CMD-SHIFT-3.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1073601...266884/detail/

I have never set up a "set" of photos on Flickr before, so I apologize in advance if this is the wrong URL, or one only accessible to the uploader. If it is, just find the photos with the tag "spybot" for the user "slickrcbd". I've used Flickr with forums before, but usually just only post one or two screenshots if I'm having a problem with a URL directly to the pic.