Thread: How do you manually remove Trojans and malware

Question How do you manually remove Trojans and malware

I have been doing the spybot scan to search and destroy the harmful things unwanted on my computer. These Two Keep coming up in the scan; Spybot is not getting rid of these two specific programs!

Product:Zlob.Downloader.vdt
    Threat:Trojan
    Description: This product downloads and installs various third party spyware and malware to infect computers.
    AND
    Product:Smithfraud-C.gp
    Threat:Malware
    Description: Smithfraud-C.gp is a collection of smithfraud variants. These variants usually get installed by exploits, social engineering or bundled with other malware and Trojan horses.Symptoms include unknown browser helper objects fake security messages, fake security software, pop up advertising, browser redirects or hijacking.

Can you walk me through the commands to manually remove these from my system? I am not an experienced computer person but I am egger to learn. Please help me to fix these issues.

Thank You So much for your time

Emeritus-Security Expert

Hello vixenbiker

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post
    That said, All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
    While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Download Trendmicros Hijackthis to your desktop.
    • Double click it to install
    • Follow the prompts and by default it will install in C:\Program Files\Trendmicro\Hijackthis\Highjackthis.exe
    • Open HJT Scan and Save a Log File, it will open in Notepad
    • Go to Format and make sure Wordwrap is Unchecked
    • Go to Edit> Select All.....Edit > Copy and Paste the new log into this thread by using the Submit Reply and not start a New Thread.

DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note: If it has been five days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.