Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Host file 1 Entry Un-Immunized

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Bitman once said before that he doubts that any user will visit a handful of those sites (in the HOSTS file) during their lifetime. One site I doubt will make a difference. If you have not upgraded to Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 it might be a good idea.

Don't lose sleep over one site Terminator.
    I not loosing any sleep it's just annoying that this bug exists, I just hope its gets fixed with th next batch of updates.. I'm leaving IE 8 for a while untill all my Security software is fully compatible with it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

It don't think it could be a bug with Spybot's updates but with your system. There could be that small glitch or some bug, that might cause this. I'm saying it does not have to do with the updates since md usa spybot fan and I Immunized with no problems (enabling Immunization leaving zero unprotected). If this is not the case, then it's not for md, but my point is that he Immunized with no problems.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 seems to fine on my system with all the Immunization but it gives a noticeable lag when it starts up. I'd just disable the Immunization and let Smartscreen Filter do it's job. For disabling Immunization (considering that you have a "good" HOSTS file) I'll get back my boot time speed for IE8.

Talking

I can now confirm that this bug WAS caused by last weeks updates as I've just updated Spybot with todays updates and everything has immunized perfectly..
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!