Hello.

Sorry if this has been covered before as I tried searching to no avail.

My Spybot version says it is 1.6.0.31 and I also run the Norton Personal Firewall program. Today I ran Spybot and when I tried to check for updates, my firewall gave me the warning message:

"SmartDraw is attempting to access the internet"

Shouldn't that have been "SDUpdate is attempting to access the internet" if all was well? I aborted the update process for now.

This seemed suspicious to me, particularly since I couldn't find any information on the situation (since the Norton Firewall program is popular it seems like this would be a common issue).

Is this normal? Usually when I do occassional computer maintenance-type things (for example running/updating Spybot) I'm offline and don't have the firewall running, so I guess I can't say whether this message indicated a change in the process or if this message would have occurred all along while updating Spybot with the firewall on. A Google search turned up only one single mention of this issue in the user comments section of a site not known to me (i.e. could be trustworthy, or maybe not) so I thought I'd ask about it here to get the definitive answer

As far as I can determine, I don't have any programs or files called "Smart Draw" installed on my computer.

Thanks for the help and for making a great program.