Thread: Comodo Internet EvilEye!

Default Comodo Internet EvilEye!

I've been using Spybot for a long time now & among my other security software, I was using the older Comodo Firewall for 2000/XP. I just updated to the latest Firewall in their Internet Security Suite, this is a very strong firewall using HIPS. I was shocked today in receiving the message from Spybot that it had terminated EvilEye in Comodo! I actually choose to allow knowing Comodo to be reliable. Here is a copy of the log below"

5/9/2009 1:55:08 AM Allowed (based on user decision) value "COMODO Internet Security" (new data: ""D:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe" -h") added in System Startup global entry!
    5/9/2009 1:55:08 AM Encountered and terminated EvilEye in D:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe!
    5/9/2009 1:55:08 AM Allowed (based on user decision) value "DefaultUserName" (new data: "Downloads") changed in Winlogon!

I googled this issue & found nothing. Then, I scanned the file cmdagent.exe online with Totalscan (using multiple anti-viris/spyware engines) & none found a problem with the file. So either this is a false positive or Spybot's staff knows something about why Comodo is really offering "free" security software... hehe. Comments please

Thanks,
    Barry
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-05-08 at 21:45. Reason: Moved from the malware removal forum

I'm positive this is a FP. The detectives should resolve this in the next upcoming update (scheduled for Wednesday, May 13th).

Have a good day.

Hello Barry,

please send the Comodo executable file to detections@spybot.info for further analysis. This way we will be able to reproduce and fix this false positive. Thanks in advance!

best,
    buster!
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.