Thread: SBS&D in two places

Default SBS&D in two places

Hi all,

I have my OS (WXPro) on my C:\ partition (and whatever other programs wont let me install elsewhere). I have all my programs installed on my D:\ partition.

When I installed SBS&D, I installed it on my D:\ partition.

However, I noticed that in C:\Doc & Settings\All Users, there's a SBS&D folder that's has 98 files and 6 folders.

Is there a way to, or can I, integrate that folder to the main SBS&D installation folder on my D: partition?

Lightbulb the files that are in your C:/ loacation....

are probably application data that spybot S&d uses to keep your settings, etc. I believe that this is what those files are. I do not recommend moving them, as then spybot would not be able to retain its settings and setup information. Although, it is odd that they would be there. If it is application data, it should go into the hidden folder application data into the user folder, not the all users folder... That is really odd now that I think about it.....Are you sure the folder SBS&D is in this path that you stated?

C:\Doc & Settings\All Users

I don't doubt you, i just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Couple of questions,

1.) do any other users use the computer? As in, do you have other accounts on this computer that use (open and run) spybot?

2.) Were there any errors on the install?

3.) How long ago has it been since you installed the latest spybot?

4.) what is your spybot version? Spybot-help-about

Thank you for any other additional information.

Hi 129260,

. . . Although, it is odd that they would be there. If it is application data, it should go into the hidden folder application data into the user folder, not the all users folder... That is really odd now that I think about it.....Are you sure the folder SBS&D is in this path that you stated?

C:\Doc & Settings\All Users

I don't doubt you, i just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Couple of questions,

1.) do any other users use the computer? As in, do you have other accounts on this computer that use (open and run) spybot?

2.) Were there any errors on the install?

3.) How long ago has it been since you installed the latest spybot?

4.) what is your spybot version? Spybot-help-about

Thank you for any other additional information.
    I thought it was odd, too, that's why I wrote. And, yes, I'm certain of the path. I checked the App Data path in all accounts (Admin, All Users, me, and Default) before I posted and the only place it was was in All Users. Also, it says "Size 35.3MB"; and, "Size on disk: 9.51MB."

However, where I installed SBS&D on my D:\ partition, it says the size is 75MB, 167 files and 7 folders. ( again)

Anyway:
    1.) I'm the only user (Admin);
    2.) Nope! Never a problem with any version;
    3.) When I checked Properties, it said: Created 3-31-09, Modified 3-31-09, Accessed 1-30-09 — I don't remember exactly, but it was this year.
    4.) v. 1.6.2.46

Ideas? Maybe a complete wipe of SBS&D from everywhere on my computer and a clean install??? I have no qualms about doing that, but if I'm going to wind up in the same place, why bother?

P.S.,

One more thing: I thoroughly checked the registry and all listings for SBS&D's app paths point to D:\ (except the .temp). But I did notice one thing a little wonky: In HKLM\System\Controlset0001\Services\Eventlog\Application, I saw Spybot-Search & Destroy2. I don't know if that helps, but it's what I found. Is there a "2"?
    Last edited by jpChris; 2009-05-13 at 19:55.