Thread: sqlite3.dll not found

Default sqlite3.dll not found

I accepted the program-generated offer of a program update and the 1.6 update was installed on WinXP Pro. Tried to open SBS&D. Got a Window's message that the app would not open - could not find sqlite3.dll. Said to reinstall the app.

Is this a Window's or SBS&D problem? Or, could it be malware?

I will reinstall, but should I first 'completely' uninstall SBS&D? I get a dire SBS&D warning about uninstalling theapp. Any uninstall complications to be concerned about?

Lightbulb please try the following....

1.) Uninstall spybot completely through add/remove programs. You should have no problems. Let us know if you do.

2.) Then download and install the latest version of spybot.

3.) Then open the installer file.

4.) Then make sure download updates immediately is unchecked during the installation process.

Try that and let me know if that helps Everything should work smoothly now.
    Last edited by 129260; 2008-08-13 at 21:28.

Hey, i had this problem.

Error

"E:\program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\sqlite3.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support."

Tried you're suggestion, still the exact same message when i try to run spybot. Although in the system tray i've got Spybot-SD resident running.
    Cant open spybot through that as i get the same error, but i can download updates for it.... But when the command prompt window opens for a brief seccond, i get the error again.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

jamie_232:

Is your OS and Spybot actually installed on your E:\ drive?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

No, E:\ is just a partishion... I've ALWAYS had spybot in a seproate drive. OS is typically C:\

Im also on vista.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_232 View Post
    I've ALWAYS had spybot in a seproate drive
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by jamie_232 View Post
    Im also on vista.
    Did you install and run Spybot as Admin (right-click and choose run as Admin) ?

Uninstall Spybot completely, install it as Admin where you OS is located and tell us if you've still problems.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt