Thread: Not installing.

Exclamation Not installing.

Hey every one.

I've had a look around the forum for posts where people have similer problems to what i'm having... I found an awnser witch was to un-check "download updates immadiatly" because spybot would get an error once i go to the main install screen where it could not connect.

Any way.. Now it starts to install. Gets to the end of the installation, and then i get a BSOD, pc resets itself.

Before all the above troble... Here is the cause.

I downloaded a file witch came with a torjan... I deleted the folder that i saved the file in, and run spybot. It picks up a few trojans, but as soon as i press fix, i get the error "You must run program as administrator to fix selected problems" followed by a whole bunch of access denied errors to deleting the trojans?

So i reboot SB in admin... or try to atleast. All i get is "program has stopped working". After a few different attempts to load SB (going to its folder etc) i decide to uninstall / reinstall it. Then the errors start :p

Please give me some awnsers on this one.

--
    Deleted ../windows/temp & Prefect

Hi jamie_232,

do you have Signs of Malware?

You couldn't delete this trojans with Spybot at this time because you didn't run it as Admin...

You should follow this suggestion, to make sure that you're really clean.

Happy Safer Surfing for the future.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Well the trojan corrupted a bunch of system files... I've re-installed windows now... How annoying :P Good thing i partishion my hard drives

Hi jamie_232,

thank you for this update.

I can give you some recommendations according to Malware Prevention, if you need them. Just ask.

Take care.

Matt

Thanks for the offer... I read up a little more about how to prevent it... Next time i wont get annoyed that the media i downloaded needed a lisence, in rage click download to see what will happen.

Thank you for this update.

Happy Safe Surfing!

Matt