Thread: My apologies to Mr_JAk3

Default My apologies to Mr_JAk3

An year and a half ago I came here for help with virtumonde, but my problem was so severe and my need to have the PC working so bad that I couldn't wait any longer and simply decided to buy a new HD and start from there, copying clean uninfected files from the old one, which was 5 years old and so not really worth a reformat. New ones were bigger and faster.

However, Mr_JAk3 replied to my thread two days later, a thread which I had completely forgotten by then, since my head was full of worries about the back-up, if the files would come clean, if the new HD would get infected, etc.

Looking back now I see how impolite my lack of any response was, and would like to apologize to Mr_JAk3, but I could not find a way to send him a PM (I suppose if it was easy he'd be flooded with calls for help).

I'm sorry for taking your time, Mr_JAk3. Please understand I was extremely frustrated at the time, I had no back-up of anything, I had no other computer I could use, I was caught in a bad time, and I had to worry about CC fraud, which gladly never happened. I regret my behavior and feel ashamed and hope you can understand the actions of a then desperate man.

Security Expert-Emeritus

Hiya!

Better late than never :D Don't worry, no harm done.

I understand your situation and that a little panic may occur when your pc is at risk (no backups). If you'd told me that you buy a new HD - I could have given some stay clean tips for instance.

MalWare Removal University - You too could train to help others
    UNITE & ASAP member since 2006