Thread: Backdoor.Hupigon question, as well as your personal prefrence

Default Backdoor.Hupigon question, as well as your personal prefrence

I recently did a scan with spyware doctor, the free edition and it said that it found a high risk, which happened to be a Backdoor.Hupigon I read in one of the archives here that these things are the end of the world (excuse the exageration ) but not being one to jump to conclusions I examined it further, pctools identified it as a plug in that was found in a cheat engine folder my brother downloaded. zuxxors something or other, but it seems to be gone now because i just chose to let spyware doctor deal with it. (maybe it was a missinterpitation?)

So heres the question, if it doesnt re appear as it already hasnt, should I worry about going to such an extreme as re installing the operating system? I dont honestly know if it was innocent or not but should I wait and see what happens?

Next question, in the same thread I read that avg does not provide any real time protection if its not the paid for version, is this true? if its not should i use something like avast? or perhaps the comodo suite? The only other thing I would like to know before changing over to a new Anti Virus question is should I allow it to empty the virus vault, it does claim to be holding some infections
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-05-20 at 21:17. Reason: Moved from the malware forum

Hello Steve00000,

Quote Originally Posted by Steve00000 View Post
    So heres the question, if it doesnt re appear as it already hasnt, should I worry about going to such an extreme as re installing the operating system? I dont honestly know if it was innocent or not but should I wait and see what happens?
    If you would like someone to take a look at the system please start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum after following instructions here: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016