Thread: Spybot won't run scan. Resident Log has some info

Default Spybot won't run scan. Resident Log has some info

Hi there,
    I ended up with a lot of adware on my laptop. I downloaded Spybot. I only use Fireforx so when it was being installed I opted 'no' for some options (can't remember exactly which ones).
    Anyways, I have since then also downloaded IE7.
    I deleted Spybot and downloaded it again and installed it but didn't get those same pop-up windows with questions.
    I can see the icon on my computer but when I try to run the scan it won't do anything.
    When I look at the 'Black & White List' there are no entries under any of the 4 options.
    The only info I have is from the from the 'Resident Log' option:

Allowed (based on user decision) value "{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}" (new data: "") deleted in Browser Helper Object!
    20/05/2009 22:46:20 Denied (based on user decision) value "SpybotSD TeaTimer" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup user entry!
    20/05/2009 22:46:29 Allowed (based on user decision) value "{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}" (new data: "") deleted in Browser Helper Object!

I'm sure I just need to change some setting on my laptop but have no idea how to do this or where.

Can anyone help me with this?

Kat

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Kat78:

Most of TeaTimer's dialogs have been eliminated because TeaTimer now automatically interprets a majority of registry changes. If you would like to eliminate using this feature, right click on the TeaTimer (Spybot-SD Resident) system tray icon and click on "Paranoid mode (ask on any unknown)".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.