Hello Everyone

I had loaded an earlier version of Spybot some months ago, and was able to run it when I invoked it.

About a month ago, I uploaded the latest version and my computer went very sluggish. I checked into this forum, and found that Teatimer can make demands on Virtual Memory - my computer's probably getting up there in age. I did a little background work and decided to remove the new version of Spybot, to try to go back to the older one that I would just run when I felt it was needed. I uninstalled Spybot, but found that performance was still very sluggish.

Looking into this more, I found out that in some cases Teatimer.exe will still be on the computer, and it was on mine. I tried to find out where this file was, but although I saw a folder in Program Files that was about 4 MB long, there was no file that I could see. I deleted the folder, but still no change to the sluggish performance. I even went into MS-DOS (I run Windows XP Home, go to Run, type cmd) and couldn't see it in there.

I then tried to call up the Windows Task Manager. Go to tab Processes and when I start my computer, as soon as Windows boots up, I call up Task Manager > Processes and can see Teatimer running (and gobbling up a whole load of my computer's virtual memory - so that's the problem). I then highlight Teatimer, and then hit End Process, located at the bottom right. After asking me if that's okay, I hit it and my computer performance comes right back!

Sorry for this long winded enquiry. I first thought it useful to share to the group a way of getting rid of Teatimer running since there seemed to be few instances of problems with it, but my question to the forum is:

How can I remove Teatimer if I can't see where it is? I run Windows Explorer > Search, and it doesn't turn up anything.

Thanks alot,

Cheers,

Bob