Quote Originally Posted by mimijo
hi,

last few days i saw something weird in my NPF's log...

its written:

Local IP address: local host
Local Service Port: backdoor**(forgot the name but it start with backdoor)
Remote IP address: Local Host
Remote Service Port: *forgot which number

can you pls tell me whats the meaning of the log?
OK, finally you've asked the question you should have asked in the first place. Sorry about the choice of words, but sometimes anger is the only way to get someone to focus on the important information rather then the 100 other things they've seen and done. For future reference the first information; error message, strange occurance or Log entry in this case is usually the most valuable and important.

I could just send you away to Symantec support, but I won't since I know it's not easy for the average person to use. I've always been very impressed with their Enterprise support, but recently tried their Personal/Small Business support and found it broken and almost useless.

Unfortunately, you've got little of the original message, but I think we can make one comment based on what you do have. The fact that both the Local and Remote IP address is Local Host indicates that the connection isn't directly to an external address, so it apparently didn't 'phone home'. This doesn't mean that the Port opened hasn't done this later though, so it's still a good idea to investigate.

As I said at the end of the previous post, if you really want to find out if there's a problem you should follow the instructions in the post I referenced and create a new posting in the Malware Removal forum. You're wasting your time with Spybot itself at this point, since you've already determined that it doesn't detect anything. The helpers in the Malware forum can discover and remove Malware that isn't known by any anti-spyware program at this point.

So here again is the link to the post telling what you should do when posting in that forum and a second link to the forum itself.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Since new malware is coming out all the time, this is the only way to be sure.

I hope you now understand that I poked you intentionally to get you to focus your response. We could continue playing Q&A with Spybot S&D for days and get no closer to what you really need to know.

BTW, the Malware Helpers are nicer then I am.