Thread: IE-8 install and SpyBot ...help ?

Question IE-8 install and SpyBot ...help ?

i whant to installa IE-8 ...

what to do to install the new ie-8 ?

set in IMMUNIZE the arrow DELETE ? yes or not ?

and in RESIDENT

disable SDHELPER and the TEATIME ?

what i to do to install and before to use
    IE-8 with spybot ?

help i am a beginner and not expert ...thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

miciotta62:

• Install IE8.
    • If the starting of IE8 is intolerably slow remove the portion of Spybot's immunization that adds Internet Explorer Restricted Sites zone entries as follows:
      • Go into Spybot > Immunize.
      • Right click on the right hand pane and select "Deselect all".
      • Scroll through the list of immunization profiles and check all the items in the right hand pane identified as "(Domains)" and "(Secure Domains)".
      • Click the "Undo" button at the top of the right pane.
    • Setup Spybot's immunization for normal immunization without adding a majority of the Restricted Sites zone entries as follows:
      • Right click on the right hand pane and select "Select all".
      • Scroll through the list of immunization profiles and uncheck all the items in the right hand pane identified as "(Domains)" and "(Secure Domains)".
      • The next time you immunize the addition most of Spybot's Restricted Sites zone entries will be omitted.

Note: There are currently 36 additional Restricted Sites zone entries being added by Spybot's immunization process that are identified as the profile "(IPs)". These Restricted Sites zone entries are added by IP Address rather than Domain Name and the 36 entries do not appear to slow the loading of IE8. As I attempted to explain in this post, the use of the Spybot's immunization profile "Global (Hosts)" should help protect your system in spite of the fact that you are eliminating the "(Domains)" and "(Secure Domains)" profiles. However, the 36 Restricted Sites zone entries added by the "(IPs)" profile are not included in the "Global (Hosts)" because the HOSTS file can not equate IP Addresses to other IP Addresses.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2009-05-22 at 18:42.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.