Thread: Game Guard Craps

Unhappy Game Guard Craps

hi i am new here... any of you familiar with gameguard? it's aprogram included on some online games, it scans virus before the game launches. suddenly it detected that my explorer.exe is infected by a virus and prevents the game to launch because gameguard doesn't allow the game to launch if it detects any virus. i tried to scan using spybot and the outcome still stays the same. please help me, i obviously don't know much about these things. thank you

Emeritus

Gameguard is a intrusive root kit installed as a 'anti-cheat' protection process. Its buried so deep that many possible 'events' it sees as a threat, real or not, could cause problems on a machine. You should visit the game vendors website/forum for FAQ/troubleshooting regarding gameguard.

If you think you may have malware (the signs of malware) then see this link about downloading, installing and posting a hjt log:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

I'm also having problems with GameGuard. But it's a different kind of problem. I have an error 114. But I can't seem to solve it. The softnyx admin didn't reply me when i sent the gameguard files to them.
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Office Word 2007

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHEL5) 2009