Thread: Error retrieving update info file!

Default Error retrieving update info file!

I'm getting this message and I know I'm not on a proxy server. safernetworking.org is blocked and so are several other anti-spyware sites. My google search results are getting redirected to spam sites. Help!

Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan
    Socket Error # 11004 usually is an indication that Spybot-S&D is being blocked from accessing the internet. Make sure that SpybotSD.exe is authorized in your firewall to access the internet.

If you are sitting behind a proxy server:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. About 2/3 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Web update". Check the last item in the list "Use proxy to connect to update server". A pop-up will come up were you can enter the information required.

If you are sitting behind a proxy server and need to know what the settings shoul be, there are hints in the following article on how to find them:

Split from: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=3038
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-06-19 at 16:16. Reason: Split off

Hello evoxone,
    Quote Originally Posted by evoxone View Post
    safernetworking.org is blocked and so are several other anti-spyware sites. My google search results are getting redirected to spam sites. Help!
    Please follow the instructions in this link to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016