Thread: Spybot scan at start up

Question Spybot scan at start up

I have searched the forums and I have noticed other people have reported this, but none of the resposes to their threads have helped me.
    I use Windows Vista. I have the most recent version of spybot, I downloaded it only a few days ago. It was in default mode and I made no changes to the settings, but this morning when I opened my computer, once I logged on to Windows, before it opened any other programs, Spybot opened on a black screen, I let it run for a few minutes but it made me nervous that nothing else had started, so I stopped the scan. The screen stayed black, I used ctl-alt-del to log off, and when I logged back on, and everything was fine. I ran the spybot scan with windows started. Later I restarted my computer and again, when I logged on to Windows, again it ran the scan on a black screen, so I logged off and logged back in again. I don't know if I need to completely run the scan this way once and it will stop, or if it is unnecessary and there is a way to stop it.
    I haven't installed teatimer, I just use spybot as an on-demand scanner.
    I would appreciate anyone's help with this.
    Thanks
    Karen

When you ran the spybot scan with windows started,did a box pop up at the end of the scan saying something like this?
    "Warning

Some problems couldn't be fixed, the reason could be that the associated files are still in use (in memory).
    This could be fixed after a restart.
    May Spybot-S&D run on your next system startup?

[Yes] [No]"