Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot takes a very long time to load

Default Spybot takes a very long time to load

I have Spybot 1.6.2.46 and it takes a good three to five minutes to bring up the GUI when I click on the desktop icon. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. I checked my firewall to see if there was a block on it but it wasn't even listed in the program list so I added some of the .exe files for it in the list and no change. What gives? Could there be a conflict in some other antispyware programs causing it or what? I see this was an issue in the past but from a few years ago?

I doubt it could be a firewall problem since starting up a program does not require an Internet connection. I doubt it's a conflict with other anti-malware products...

What OS are you running and can you name the specs of your system (CPU and RAM)?

I too am having a problem loading SpyBot. The process is visible in the process list for about 10 minutes, then disappears.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3

My machine is a Dell optiplex GX270 with a P4 3.00GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM.

I have likewise tried to install HijackThis by TrendMicro but it won't load either.

I am trying to load malware detector software because I know my browser has been hijacked -- google and yahoo search links always get redirected to ad sites.

Sounds like your are infected Knight. Best to have the experts help you.

I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and have an AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.21 GHz and 3.00 GB of RAM.

This issue might be best handled by a Spybot Team Member/Advisor because I'm not sure what's going on, your specs are more than adequate (it's a dual core monster in a good way) to run Spybot.

I'm afraid this could be some infection in the worst case...
    Just need another member who knows what might be going on.

Default What next?

Is there another area of the board I should post this too then? Just let me know what I should do to the answeres I need, please. :o)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsWhoSayNi View Post
    I too am having a problem loading SpyBot. The process is visible in the process list for about 10 minutes, then disappears.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3

My machine is a Dell optiplex GX270 with a P4 3.00GHz CPU and 1 GB of RAM.

I have likewise tried to install HijackThis by TrendMicro but it won't load either.

I am trying to load malware detector software because I know my browser has been hijacked -- google and yahoo search links always get redirected to ad sites.
    You could ask for help in the Malware Removal forum.
    The instructions are here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Just do what you can,I know you can't do a lot of it where you can't run Hijackthis.
    Malware removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Quote Originally Posted by Spybotter1 View Post
    Is there another area of the board I should post this too then? Just let me know what I should do to the answeres I need, please. :o)
    Does Spybot start any quicker in safe mode?
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#02

Default Saftemode

No. I have not tried starting spybot in safemode. I'll have to try tomorrow. I'm assuming you mean shut down and restart the computer in safemode and then see if spybot starts faster then. I'll try later. I have to go to sleep now.