View Poll Results: How much would you shell out to get your data back?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • If it's over $40.00, it's no go.

1 12.50%
  • A couple of hundreds of dollars.

4 50.00%
  • A few thousand, considering I have GBs of documents.

0 0%
  • I would keep my cash and get it over with.

3 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much money would you shell out to get our data back?

Smile

Sorry for your loss...My thoughts and prayers are with you :(

On a more serious note - Warranty? When my new internal Seagate (hmm are we seeing a trend here?) drive broke, I immediately sent it back to them hoping that they would accept my drive packed in an improvised foam box (bits cut from the foam that came with one of our TVs), as Seagate had stressed that you have to pack items in overly expensive foam designed specifically for drives -_-. Anyway, it reached them fine and I soon had a replacement landing carefully on my doorstep. Obviously, that doesn't solve the problem of your lost data, but just a thought

Good luck,

honda
    Last edited by honda12; 2009-06-27 at 23:57.

Thanks honda12, for your thoughts .
    I'm not planning to use the warranty, since I have no idea where this used low-level formatted drive will be shipped. Call me paranoid, but I'd just rather secure my data.

Desktop HD for me next time. It should last a long time considering that it has an AC outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I'm not planning to use the warranty, since I have no idea where this used low-level formatted drive will be shipped. Call me paranoid, but I'd just rather secure my data.

Desktop HD for me next time. It should last a long time considering that it has an AC outlet.
    I agree. Although i do not have the budget to buy one My Seagate External HD doesn't give me any problems so far. I'm lazy to burn the folders one by one to the DVDs/CDs. Some of them are too big to be put into a DVD disc. Difficult work/assignments done as school work.
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Office Word 2007

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHEL5) 2009

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    Thanks honda12, for your thoughts .
    I heard that the workers have to process too many drives for a nosy peek. Anyway, I put my trust in DBAN

A desktop HD sounds good, although you'll be sacrificing portability which is pretty useful if you travel around a lot.

honda12, I believe you, I'm going to get a new one from Newegg (shipped to my door). It won't be as portable as the FreeAgent Go, but I certainly can carry around with me .

I never tried DBAN, but I might consider it when I get my new desktop PC during late '09 when Windows 7 is released. I'm replacing my 2003 Vaio, reformat it, and have Windows XP on it. Use it as backup machine, or whenever. The sound of the cooling fan has been annoying, but I guess I can handle five more months .