Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torrents compared to P2P

Quote Originally Posted by GeneRyan View Post
    as far as the game songs go....try bink audio formatter.....typically will add any song u have to any game that is not using .mp3 or wma. i.e need for speed franchise, all done with bink.
    Add?? Meaning to the media player? I came across a few sites that offer in game songs download, they claimed that they "extracted" it from the sound file of the game. Is that possible? What software is used?
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Office Word 2007

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHEL5) 2009

Smile

Bittorent itself is a great platform for sharing data and can dramatically increase download speeds of large files - For example, downloading OpenOffice from their servers (although pretty quick) is still slower than downloading the torrent version. Likewise for downloading linux iso's.

It's not the protocol itself that is bad, its the questionable content that people upload which is tingeing this otherwise good platform.

OT: I recently saw some statistics showing that over the last week, a surge of people have been searching for 'Michael Jackson' (RIP) on torrent sites, placing him number two in the search ranks. Number one of course, was aXXo! Not even the King of Pop can topple this guy...(or gal)

Torrentreactor Website compromised.

The site has been injected with an IFrame leading to a site laden with exploits. The exploits on the payload site include Internet Explorer (MDAC) and Microsoft Office Snapshot Viewer, as well as Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Shockwave.
    Security Labs
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016