Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: firefox 3.5 final is out now !,,you need to upgrade spybot !

Exclamation firefox 3.5 final is out now !,,you need to upgrade spybot !

todays date 6-30-09

ok , you need to upgrade spybot search & destroy now.

firefox 3.5 final just rolled out.

why i'm saying this?.

well when i upgraded from Firefox 3.0.11 to
    firefox 3.5 final this morning around 9am ,

i noticed that when i opened spybot search and destroy, it now said that there is now 31981 un-protected items in firefox , when before i upgraded it said every thing was fine. so i thought it was because of that i upgraded to the new firefox 3.5 final.

so i just re-did the protection, then today when i got home , i went online and started using the now new firefox,, guess what?.

i got curious and opened up spybot to see if every thing was ok,, No nothing is ok,,it went back to saying that there is now 31981 un-protected items in firefox (again).

well i i redid the immunize process again , waited 30 minutes and i open firefox to as to surf, and closed the firefox browser and spybot said the same thing.

you need to work on the spybot & search destroy program again so that it is compatible with the new firefox 3.5 final version.

your program is now out-dated.
    Last edited by kissbaby; 2009-07-01 at 06:01. Reason: forgot the screen shot.

Exclamation

spywareblaster also needs to upgrade their product.
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=246669

Hi kissbaby,

the future Spybot 2.0 will support Firefox 3.5 .
    PepiMK has already started a topic according to the new Firefox. Please feel free to add any comments there that seems to be important in your eyes.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

I run Firefox 3.5 and Spybot 1.6.2 under Vista Home Premium, and have no problem with Spybot immunization. For that matter, I never saw any immunization problems during the many, many nightly releases of what became FF 3.5 over the past several months.

I updated Spybot's data files earlier today, and immunization worked correctly. Out of curiosity, I just restarted Spybot and checked; all immunization entries showed as zeroes.

I can only conclude that Spybot and FF 3.5 are compatible, and can only guess that problems encountered between the two programs are likely caused by Firefox profile problems engendered and/or encountered when updating FF from 3.x to 3.5.

My assumptions about FF profile problems are based on my having created a new profile when I started the 3.5 beta-test process, and then another new profile when I installed FF 3.5's three release candidates sequentially. Thus, I've never used Spybot to immunize a Firefox 3.x profile that was then used for FF 3.5.

[EDIT]
    After posting the above message, I saw another entry from kissbaby about problems with SpywareBlaster of the same nature as posted in this thread. I opened my copy of Spyware Blaster, which indicated no unprotected items for Firefox. Again, I can only conclude that the problem(s) encountered by kissbaby are related to a specific installation of Firefox, rather than to either Spybot or SpywareBlaster.

This is not uncommon: Many, many of the supposed bugs with FF reported over the past several years on MozillaZine have been determined not to be bugs but, rather, specific-installation problems, such as corrupted FF profiles, extensions that worked with earlier FF releases that have not been updated for newer releases but are still in the user's FF profile, failure to reboot the computer for such things as Microsoft updates that fail to tell you to do so (I encountered one such update earlier this week, alas), and so on.
    Last edited by Always Confused; 2009-07-01 at 17:40.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Always Confused View Post
    I run Firefox 3.5 and Spybot 1.6.2 under Vista Home Premium, and have no problem with Spybot immunization. For that matter, I never saw any immunization problems during the many, many nightly releases of what became FF 3.5 over the past several months.

I updated Spybot's data files earlier today, and immunization worked correctly. Out of curiosity, I just restarted Spybot and checked; all immunization entries showed as zeroes.

I can only conclude that Spybot and FF 3.5 are compatible, and can only guess that problems encountered between the two programs are likely caused by Firefox profile problems engendered and/or encountered when updating FF from 3.x to 3.5.

My assumptions about FF profile problems are based on my having created a new profile when I started the 3.5 beta-test process, and then another new profile when I installed FF 3.5's three release candidates sequentially. Thus, I've never used Spybot to immunize a Firefox 3.x profile that was then used for FF 3.5.

[EDIT]
    After posting the above message, I saw another entry from kissbaby about problems with SpywareBlaster of the same nature as posted in this thread. I opened my copy of Spyware Blaster, which indicated no unprotected items for Firefox. Again, I can only conclude that the problem(s) encountered by kissbaby are related to a specific installation of Firefox, rather than to either Spybot or SpywareBlaster.

This is not uncommon: Many, many of the supposed bugs with FF reported over the past several years on MozillaZine have been determined not to be bugs but, rather, specific-installation problems, such as corrupted FF profiles, extensions that worked with earlier FF releases that have not been updated for newer releases but are still in the user's FF profile, failure to reboot the computer for such things as Microsoft updates that fail to tell you to do so (I encountered one such update earlier this week, alas), and so on.

Very good post.
    I've installed Firefox 3.5 a few minutes ago and I have no problems as well.
    Last edited by Matt; 2009-07-01 at 18:49.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Lightbulb so how do i fix the firefox profile thingy ?

[EDIT]

-----------

so how do i fix my firefox profile problem ?,,

i also want to thank every one for all their replies back to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kissbaby View Post
    -----------

so how do i fix my firefox profile problem ?,,

i also want to thank every one for all their replies back to me.
    1. Use a large sledge hammer on your computer.

2. Cast anathema thereupon.

3. Run away to an island without any electricity.

4. If numbers 1-3 don't work, then start here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager .

5. Once you have set up and tried a new, basically-empty profile (none of your bookmarks, extensions, etc. will be in it,) then, using this file,

http://kb.mozillazine.org /Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Files_and_folders_in_the_profile ,

close FF and start transferring files from your old profile to the new one, testing as you go.

To find your profiles, look at the start of the file in the second link above.

Thumbs up thanks it worked !!!!!

1. Use a large sledge hammer on your computer.

2. Cast anathema thereupon.

3. Run away to an island without any electricity.

4. If numbers 1-3 don't work, then start here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager .

5. Once you have set up and tried a new, basically-empty profile (none of your bookmarks, extensions, etc. will be in it,) then, using this file,

http://kb.mozillazine.org /Profile_folder_-_Firefox#Files_and_folders_in_the_profile ,

close FF and start transferring files from your old profile to the new one, testing as you go.

To find your profiles, look at the start of the file in the second link above.
    -----------------
    thank you so much,,did all that from the link you provided.
    worked like a charm, the cool thing too, is that it also made my firefox 3.5 work better.

how cool, thank you for the help

I created a new profile and added everything anew instead of porting things over from the previous profile and I still have this issue with both Spybot and SpywareBlaster...

Edit: Okay, this doesn't appear to be a profile issue. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy tab. If you have "Clear history when firefox closes" checked, you can access the Settings button next to it. When "Site Preferences" is checked, immunization will be undone each time "History is cleared". Uncheck "Site Preferences" to keep all immunization.
    Last edited by Mike...; 2009-07-02 at 15:03.

Couldn't edit my previous post anymore, but I wanted to add that I assume the same goes for the manual method under Tools, "Clear Recent History". Make sure "Site Preferences" is unchecked.