Quote Originally Posted by CindyS View Post
I notified them of this (modified version follows) but they refer me to you (very Microsoft-ian of them, isn't it?). Just FYI, this issue also affects the latest release of SpywareBlaster.
Was this in some public place?

It's really a concept question with no easy workaround; right now, the best current option I could think of would be a flag in permissions.sqlite, table moz_hosts that would control whether entries are programatically or manually created, and when applying the privacy cleanup, only remove those manually added (entries created by external software would not be a privacy concern history probably anyway).

Adding a timestamp to that table might be nice as well, since the UI offers time range to clean, but Site Preferences do not seem to be compatible to this (probably resulting in preferences always been cleared).

That would all be on Mozillas side though. I though about what we could do (next to a warning shown during immunization), but the only other way (FF plugin doing the same) is not really what immunization is any more (will be available in FF 2.0, which has a central URL processor to allow easier browser plugins).