Thread: Spybot S&D Process List Question

Default Spybot S&D Process List Question

Hello~

What a great place (and a great tool!) you have all made here! It's nice to know that there are people in the world doing positive things and helping out their fellow humans.

I will preface my question by stating that I'm a complete novice when it comes to computers. A friend once described me as, "knowing just enough about computers to really screw-things-up." So if this is a ridiculous question, please humor me.

To my question: In the advanced tab- 'process list' of SBSDv1.6.2.46 is it normal for the process winlogon.exe and csrss.exe to be in the path \??\C:\Windows\System32\ ?(the last ? is punctuation) When I try to 'show file in explorer' it says "path does not exist or is not in directory." This is probably completely legitimate and I'm just confused about why there is no path and the \??\ part of it. Is it that way b/c the path is to SystemRoot or something?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

~07G

FYI: I learned about SBSD about 3-4 years ago from a friend who worked for the US Senate. The Senator's Office IT Administrator said that SBSD was essential for Internet safety. So, for whatever it's worth, I thought you guys might be flattered to know that SBSD is admired by those in the US Government.

Yes,that should be normal for the processes winlogon.exe and csrss.exe to be in the path \??\C:\Windows\System32\

Someone asked about that at Wilder's,so I'll post it so you can have a look:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=87980
    Mainly:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showp...7&postcount=13

On your computer,if you go to Start,then Run,paste in C:\Windows\System32\ and click ok,you should be able to view the winlogon.exe and csrss.exe files that way.

Zenobia,

Thank you very much for your informative response.

You're welcome.