Thread: Bought McAfee and cannot uninstall Spybot

Default Bought McAfee and cannot uninstall Spybot

I bought McAfee AV program but when it tries to install it tells me it is incompatible with Spybot and to uninstall it. I have uninstalled it and removed it from both program files and application data and registry, even though I really did not want to. Still I get this message from McAfee installer. I went online live with their support and they said I would have to get help from you.
    What would still be present that would be interrupting the installation process?
    Thanks

Esteemed Member

Come on now, think. How would people supporting Spybot Search & Destroy know what won't allow McAfee to install?

This should give you some idea how useful the McAfee Support is. This would definitely give me pause about how well they could support any real issues with their own products.

I suggest you think long and hard before paying when there are free products known to operate much better with Spybot S&D with many less support issues.

Bitman

Default You make a good point Bitman

I have asked McAfee for my money back (we'll see how long that takes) and I am going to try PC Tools instead which always worked well with Spybot, and then I can re dowload. Thanks.