Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 1.6.2 update and Runtime Error 216

Don't know about that RAS.

Got to go to hospital (really, this is giving me the plotz).

I'll check back in about 6-7 hours.
    --------------------------------------------
    (1) XP Home SP3, IntelCore2Duo@2GHz, 2GB RAM, IE8
    (2) XP Home SP3, IntelCeleron@1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, IE8
    Wired Home Net

Never heard of that expression before NotGeordie, but i can imagine how you feel, i`ll give it a go tonight. Just check back later on. Don`t worry, you`ll see, just a bug and no malware.

You can download the latest advcheck.dll here. The date is correct. The file has been created that day, zipped and now "copied" on your system, no need to worry.
    Got to go to hospital
    Hope everything is fine under given circumstances.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

your service is great buster, can`t wait to get home

Sorry for my lack of communication in this thread so far! I admit, given some of the odd things I was seeing, my paranoia exceeded my patience. I reformatted my computer, and installed the Win7 7100 RC yesterday. It's been a slow process of getting the machine back together, but I plan to install Spybot S&D and run a test as soon as I have the time.

I figure if I see the same errors on a freshly installed machine running a new x64 OS, then it's safe to say it's not malware.

I tried only scanning on the usage tracks as suggested and received no errors upon shut down of Spybot. I unzipped the advcheck162 file in the updates directory and ran the .exe file from there. Afterwards, I ran a complete scan. Upon exiting Spybot, I received the familiar errors. I reinstalled the advcheck163 file the same way, and ran another complete scan. Upon shut down, once again I received the errors.

Has anyone uninstalled Spybot completely, reinstalled, and seen the error again?

the advcheck.dll solution did not work for me, but thanks though buster.

Terminal man, I did the complete uninstall and reinstall. Still got the 216 error when I exited after the first scan with the new program.

I have been unable to reproduce the error on the machine after reformatting and installing Windows 7 RC 7100. I'm running pretty much everything I was under XP, only I've migrated over to NOD32 v4. Since it seemed to be a sporadic issue, I'll certainly report back here if I see it happen again.

Also, kudos to the spybot team again. Not only does Spybot work wonderfully in Win7 (Horray for immunizations on Opera), but your feedback and service here are excellent.

Okay, thanks all you for your tests so far. Looks like this is caused by one of our sbi files. To find out which one is causing this error, please select one by one and run a scan after each selection. Looks like we are getting closer to to find the origin of this Error 216.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.