Hi everyone, just a quick question about a weird error I received this evening. Every week I do a thorough system scan with NOD32, MalwareByte AntiMalware, and then Spybot S&D.

This week I got through all the scans, right up to the very last one. The last one was Spybot, and durring the update process before the scan, version 1.6.2 was installed. The scan then went off without finding a thing. However, when I closed Spybot, after it had concluded the scan, I got the following error:

" The instruction at "0x074d40c2" referenced memory at "0x0777dec8". The memory could not be "read" "

Followed by:

" runtime error 216 at 074D40C2 "

Now, according to Microsoft, this error is caused by the SubSeven trojan (link here). I can't find out much more than this, as being the cause, since just about everything on Google says it's SubSeven, too. I can't imagine having a trojan, since Nod32 is running, already scanned thoroughly, and have also done the same with MalwareBytes and Spybot. Then again, Spybot did update and install a patch, and I don't know if that might've been hijacked.

Has anyone ever seen this kind of an error with Spybot before? I'm not sure if it's a trojan or just a problem with Spybot's new version, and I'm not sure of what steps to take next. Obviously Nod32, MalwareBytes, and Spybot can't see it if I am infected (even did a safe-mode rescan), and I don't want to install a second A/V program on top of an existing one... Is there anything I can do to see if the virus is there otherwise? Telltale signs and the sort?

Alternatively, does anyone have any experience with this "runtime error 216"? Is it really only caused by a virus, or is it possibly something else? Thanks.