Thread: False Positive ENLOCSTR.EXE?

Default False Positive ENLOCSTR.EXE?

Hello.

I recently have been going through the motions of a few infection scares (likely hoaxes / false positives). I believe that the file ENLOCSTR.EXE is being incorrectly identified by SpyBot as a Smitfraud-C variant.

I am currently running SpyBot 1.6.2 on Windows XP SP3, patched up to recent versions on all. I'm also running Nod32 and MalwareBytes AntiMalware, neither of which see this file as being infected. Spybot does not see this file as infected during a normal scan. Only during a right-click context-menu scan does it come up with an infected result, and also comes up with nothing on hurestics. Virus Total (report here) comes up with only 1/41 as a result.

I will send a compressed, password protected sample to the email address stickied at the top of the forum. I will provide any more information required, as well. Thank you!

Just a note: Though I am uncertain as to the specifics of this file, some sluthing seems to indicate that it is likely part of the Creative Labs XFi sound card driver suite. Again, I'm not entirely sure it is a false positive, and have sent it to the email address stickied on this forum to be sure. I should also clarify that I would attach SpyBot logs, but SpyBot only 'sees' the infection when using the context menu scanner - not during a full scan in the actual program.