Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Hello,

We are still developing and would like to bring out a bug free version.
    And no, we are not dead. Neither we are donating our code.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

We are still developing and would like to bring out a bug free version.
    And no, we are not dead. Neither we are donating our code.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Finally some words, but why nothing new so far? I do understand the fact Safer- Networking wishes to release a bug free version, but it would be expectable, I believe, some information stating the development status from time to time.

Safer-Networking is also creating a lot of expectation around what Spybot will bring of new, comparing to other free solutions, and how effective it will be, also comparing to other available free solutions.

I just hope that all this hype doesn't come to no good term.

Quote Originally Posted by m00nbl00d View Post
    Finally some words, but why nothing new so far? I do understand the fact Safer- Networking wishes to release a bug free version, but it would be expectable, I believe, some information stating the development status from time to time.

Safer-Networking is also creating a lot of expectation around what Spybot will bring of new, comparing to other free solutions, and how effective it will be, also comparing to other available free solutions.

I just hope that all this hype doesn't come to no good term.
    well that's the way it goes sometimes, m00nbl00d.

Lavasoft has recently released version 9.0 of their Ad-aware software. Version 8.3x of Ad-aware had major problems with their agonizingly slllloooooowwwwww update mechanism, which takes almost a few hours to download & apply Ad-aware definition/antivirus updates. I barely want to revert back to an older version of Ad-aware (like 8.1 or earlier), but I hope Lavasoft got things right with version 9.0 this time.

maybe the creators of Spybot are learning from other people's mistakes. they don't mind falling behind the competition right now as long as they don't rush the 2.0 release.

we'll just have to wait sometime in 2011 for Spybot 2.0. not sure if it'll retain Win9x & NT4 support.

9x and NT is still supported (though still would be buggy as nobody seem to install 2.0 on 9x yet).

Maybe an early x-mas present?

I think it will be an easter present

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    well that's the way it goes sometimes, m00nbl00d.

Lavasoft has recently released version 9.0 of their Ad-aware software. Version 8.3x of Ad-aware had major problems with their agonizingly slllloooooowwwwww update mechanism, which takes almost a few hours to download & apply Ad-aware definition/antivirus updates. I barely want to revert back to an older version of Ad-aware (like 8.1 or earlier), but I hope Lavasoft got things right with version 9.0 this time.

maybe the creators of Spybot are learning from other people's mistakes. they don't mind falling behind the competition right now as long as they don't rush the 2.0 release.

we'll just have to wait sometime in 2011 for Spybot 2.0. not sure if it'll retain Win9x & NT4 support.
    "Falling behind" is a massive understatement, the only reason I even come to this forum anymore is to see how long it's actually gonna take for this to come out, it's like a train wreck. These devs have basically committed security software suicide with this ridiculously long development process, everyone has left them in the dust. Taking your time to avoid mistakes is one thing but if anyone can say this time frame is/has been reasonable is either drunk/in denial or just doesn't get it. This program would have had a hell of a battle on it's hands with MBAM & SAS even if they would have had their ducks in a row but now, I hate to say it but it's obsolete even before its release. Why can these other companies do it but this team can't? I told a friend of mine (IT guy where I work) Spybot still hadn't come out with the new version, his response? "Does Spybot even still exist?". You can't make any noise when you're dealing with deaf ears guys. Sad but true.

Default Have Some Faith They Have Never Let Us Down Before

Quote Originally Posted by Watasha View Post
    "Falling behind" is a massive understatement....
    In there defense from what I've read bout Safer-Networking there mostly volunteers (please correct me if I'm wrong). so giving them a hard time isn't going to solve anything, I'm also waiting anxiously for the new release but for the time being we'll just have to wait for the release I'm sure its going to be a good one they have never let us down before just have some faith
    Wildman424
    "A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted
    to be that profound secret and mystery to every other."
    -Charles Dickens

Quote Originally Posted by wildman424 View Post
    In there defense from what I've read bout Safer-Networking there mostly volunteers (please correct me if I'm wrong). so giving them a hard time isn't going to solve anything, I'm also waiting anxiously for the new release but for the time being we'll just have to wait for the release I'm sure its going to be a good one they have never let us down before just have some faith
    Reality is, this thread was started at 2009-08-02. More than a year ago. I'm sure the news about version 2.0 came before this.

So, does it take more than a year to release a beta version? And, Safer Networking is expecting to release a version without as many bugs as possible. How are they expecting this without the help users, who have different systems, applications, etc, so that version 2.0 comes better beta after beta?

I simply don't get how it doesn't even come out of alpha. And, if after all this time not even a beta, then when will the final release come out? Two years from now, with good luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    9x and NT is still supported (though still would be buggy as nobody seem to install 2.0 on 9x yet).
    This is very interesting! I have not been able to finish a Spybot scan on my Windows 98 PC since 2008 (maybe even 2007), although I do keep it installed for the resident protection. So I would be eager to try 2.0 at the development stage and see if it works -- or can be tweaked to work -- on Win98.

Where do I sign up, and what would be asked of me to do?

--JorgeA
    Last edited by JorgeA; 2010-12-21 at 19:14.