Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

You will find new updates about the product and the development on our Twitter page.

Further you will find an outlook at Spybot 2.0 here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    New updates about Spybot's development and its "outlook" mean exactly nothing when it's taken you this long to come up with a new version that's not clunky, doesn't take forever to load, doesn't interfere with IE7/IE8, is such an antiquated application that very few people even use it anymore. Spybot has pretty much dropped off the antispyware/antimalware map altogether. I just installed it on a Windows 2000 Professional computer I'm working on (866mhz PIII, 512mb RAM, 40gb 7200rpm WD hard drive, fresh install of 2kPro) because very few good apps providing real-time protection even support 2kPro anymore, Spybot takes a minute & a half to load. That's unacceptable...

Until 2.0 comes out with vast improvements over the current version, I won't use Spybot nor can I in good conscience recommend it to anyone.

You've been working on this for over a year, what's the deal? -kd5-
    Last edited by kduncan5; 2010-06-04 at 20:07.

It seems that there are no changes... not even in 2.0 alpha subforum... I have no idea are they even work on it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    I have no idea are they even work on it anymore...
    I don't think it even matters anymore. -kd5-

I have been waiting for so long too

We all want the new version, and see how good it is. But, I guess the Spybot team is doing their best, and we have to wait. On the other hand, I totally agree with you guys. They said that the beta/alpha should be released in april, so did not.

However, we have to wait. We can't travel in time - yet.

the project is dead

Where is your references? Can anyone in the Spybot team confirm this?

no, this is just speculation, because we do not answer the everydays question "when is it ready, when is it ready, when is it ready......?"

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    no, this is just speculation, because we do not answer the everydays question "when is it ready, when is it ready, when is it ready......?"
    Good answer
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Lightbulb Safari 5 just might be immunizable too.

According to the developer of Safari AdBlock, Safari 5 (available for Windows XP and later) is able to block content: http://safariadblock.com/
    FAQ

Q: Does AdBlock for Safari actually prevent stuff from being downloaded, or just hide it after the fact?
    A: The former. Chrome doesn't support preventing resources from being downloaded, but Safari does, and I added code to support that. This also means that SCRIPT tags will be blocked in Safari by the EasyList rules, whereas in Chrome we've had to constantly bandaid this with custom rules to block the elements the scripts put onto the page.
    Whatever mechanism is exploited by this extension might be put to use by the Immunization feature in Spybot 2.0 (or at worst it might only be usable by those with AdBlock installed, by adding a custom filter subscription...which might also be a good idea to make available for the AdBlock extensions for Chrome and Firefox and lesser-known browsers).