Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

I have used SB for a long time but I've had to uninstall it. Until 2.0 arrives there are many people (including me) who won't give it another look. SB has drug around for too long and have been passed by the likes of SAS & MBAM among others. In this day and age you just can't wait this long for a major upgrade and expect to keep up. I wish this wasn't so because I do actually like SB but it's heavier, prone to freezes, and is simply behind on detection. I'm anxious to see what 2.0 will bring but as I, and you, and everyone else waits, SB falls further behind.
    Last edited by Watasha; 2010-04-22 at 09:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Watasha View Post
    I have used SB for a long time but I've had to uninstall it. Until 2.0 arrives there are many people (including me) who won't give it another look. SB has drug around for too long and have been passed by the likes of SAS & MBAM among others. In this day and age you just can't wait this long for a major upgrade and expect to keep up. I wish this wasn't so because I do actually like SB but it's heavier, prone to freezes, and is simply behind on detection. I'm anxious to see what 2.0 will bring but as I, and you, and everyone else waits, SB falls further behind.
    I totally agree on your point here
    but from what i can see for now is that spybot 2.0 is getting a completely new immunity system also a new teatime protector(if that is what it is called) and new engine and interface among the things that is new in spybot 2.0.
    but i cant tell if it is good or bad(hoping it is good) nor if it will be up to date in security of the long development time. but all we can do is to wait until the open beta is relies to see if it is that we all hope for.

That's great, I hope 2.0 is fantastic. I don't use tea timer so that wouldn't really affect me. Why aren't the devs giving more updates on the progress of the product? I may be missing them but I didn't really see much feedback from them. I like to know where a product is heading, a program with as many users as SB should have a rich relationship between users and devs, including incremental updates on this forum. Maybe this forum could really get going if that were the case. Again, I may have missed this, if I have then please correct me.

Hello,

You will find new updates about the product and the development on our Twitter page.

Further you will find an outlook at Spybot 2.0 here.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello Lorenzo,

Chrome has no mechanisms for immunization, but there will be a plugin for live-blocking.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Will it be possible to immunize SRWare Iron? It uses a single file called adblock.ini located in its installation directory (usually the path is %PROGRAMFILES%\SRWare Iron\adblock.ini) and updating that file is similar to updating the urlfilter.ini for Opera.

I mean in a pinch I could just copy the filters Spybot adds for Opera to adblock.ini, because it appears to be blocking particular domain names or specific URLs, with no complicated syntax that SRWare Iron would have trouble with.

Are those icons in the screenshots the final design? They would look OK on Mac or in KDE (with the Crystal icon theme), but they look pretty out of place on Windows. And, of course, the main application icon is as ugly and old looking as ever (and makes people feel the program is outdated).

Fingers crossed it will be coming very soon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Watasha View Post
    I agree. I use it for immunizations and regular check-ups along side malwarebytes.

I don't know whether or not it will be done (I don't remember by now), but it would also need to update it's definitions more regularly, rather than waiting sometimes more than 1 week. In the actual malware scenario is just not possible.

are we go or do we have a problem Houston

Is it just me or is the beta getting here very very slowly??
    Man, I've been anticipating it for like A year now & no beta or stable version out yet..
    Next time make sure the beta is as good as ready & stable before even announcing it (to the alpha team)...
    Last edited by Rouke; 2010-06-04 at 10:29.