Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Quote Originally Posted by lewisje View Post
    I didn't know that Patrick had become a daddy...the rolleyes were intended to impart sarcasm

Anyway I'd recommend keeping Spybot around, and just disabling TeaTimer and only using it for its immunization feature, because I don't know another program that does all that Spybot does in that area.
    well SpywareBlaster by Javacool Software have the immunization feature
    Gz Patrick to be come a daddy
    it looks like spybot 2.0 open beta is very soon going to be reliset from the look of the latest twitter add

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by siferhumen View Post
    well SpywareBlaster by Javacool Software have the immunization feature
    Gz Patrick to be come a daddy
    it looks like spybot 2.0 open beta is very soon going to be reliset from the look of the latest twitter add
    SpywareBlaster's immunization is different and works best in combination with the Spybot immunization; SpywareBlaster adds ActiveX killbits (Spybot doesn't) and protects against some tracking cookies in IE and Firefox-based browsers that Spybot ignores, while Spybot populates IE's Restricted Zone and keeps certain plugins from being loaded, cookies from being set, or URLs from being visited in Opera and also blocks particular domains via the HOSTS file (SpywareBlaster doesn't do any of that).

Default new twitter post

Seems like Patrick is almost done seems like he is just doing some minor things
    Patrick posted about 15 hours ago on twitter: created Vista/Win7 sidebar gadget for showing protection status of Spybot 2 for those who like the sidebar.

Any new updates?

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    Any new updates?
    nothing yet from the twitter site or any other place that i know of but you should keep cheeking in here http://twitter.com/SpybotSD once in a wile to get the latest news about spybot 2.0

I am checking the twitter page on a daily basis... But they doesn't update it..

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    I am checking the twitter page on a daily basis... But they doesn't update it..
    It is very different from time to time how the twitter page is being updated that is annoying but all we can do is be patient and wait

Quote Originally Posted by siferhumen View Post
    but all we can do is be patient and wait
    I agree. I mean when Spybot 2.0 does come out, people will criticize it for "not being ready" for prime time, question the amount of testing that was conductive before it was released, and make comments that it was released prematurely, depending on the kinds of issues found when it does get released.

Given long scan times, I tend to run Spybot for its immunization feature mainly and use SUPERAntispyware or Malwarebytes for detection and removal of threats. I have run Spybot scans after Malwarebytes or SUPERAntispyware scans and was surprised to find Spybot detecting traces of threats left behind by SUPERAntispyware or Malwarebytes but I don't run the Spybot scanner much these days.

I'm definitely interested in Spybot 2.0 when it finally arrives!

Peace...

Do we even need a beta :P

Quote Originally Posted by djpailo View Post
    Do we even need a beta :P
    In my opinion. YES we do need it before the final release of spybot 2.0.
    You never know if there will be some nasty bugs in the beta